On next 6th of August the Former Perlora School in La Pedrera district -Carreño- will held the homemade cider tasting with eleven cider makers of the council plus one guest.
LA SIDRA.- This project is to encourage the consumption of homemade cider and will take place at the sports center of Perlora. This was an idea by Félix Muñoz, “Cagarriales”, now president of the Association for Homemade Cider of the Council, and his initiative is already in its second edition.
The tasting will be open to the public and for the purchase of a cider glass people will be able to taste the ciders on next 6th of August from 12 to 14:30. The ciders from the council will be:
- Silverio Junquera, de Casa Manín Pichi Manín de Priendes
- Toño y David Morán, Casa Morán, Priendes
- Pedro Muñiz, Casa El Práu, Perlora.
- Paloma García y Rosa Ana Muñoz de Casa La Vega, Perlora
- Dositeo García. Casa Dositeo, Perlora
- Carlos, Casa Caseta, de Perlora
- Toya González, La Formiga de Perlora.
- José Francisco, La Formiga, de Perlora.
- Luis Álvarez, Los Pistones, de Candás.
- Llagar invitáu: Francisco Cayado Colla, de Carreño
Likewise there will also be a contest for the best cider. The jury will be popular, the public itself will choose the best homemade cider of this year.
Besides there will be a distinction for the most senior professional cider maker, Llagar peñón, and also exposure of old cider mills equipment and cider making workshop.